Every year, Oxford University welcomes students from all around the globe to acquire knowledge, learn new things outside their geographical zone, and meet new people as well. This is why we have brought you this Oxford University Admission for international students. We will also provide other universities in the UK so you don’t completely lose out on your quest to study in the UK.
History has it that Oxford University has been in operation since early of the 12th century. Towards the end of the century, a group of English students were banned from Paris. This led to a phase of rapid growth for the school and has been on a high pace of growth to date, standing as one of the oldest English universities and among the best universities in the world.
The institution comprises five permanent halls, four divisions of academic departments, and 39 semi-autonomous colleges which are self-governing institutes within the university, having full control over its own activities, members, as well as structures.
The oldest museum in the world, the largest library system, and the university press all around the world is that of Oxford University. As of July 31, the university had a total consolidated income of £2.78 billion, out of which £711.4 million came from research grants and contracts.
Courses Of Study At Oxford University In Alphabetical Order
- Archaeology and Anthropology
- Asian and Middle Eastern Studies
- Biochemistry (Molecular and Cellular)
- Biomedical Sciences
- Classical Archaeology and Ancient History
- Classics and Asian and Middle Eastern Studies
- Classics and English
- Classics and Modern Languages
- Computer Science
- Computer Science and Philosophy.
- Earth Sciences (Geology)
- Economics and Management
- Engineering Science
- English Language and Literature
- English and Modern Languages
- European and Middle Eastern Languages.
- Fine Art
- Foundation Year (Chemistry, Engineering, and Materials Science)
- Foundation Year (Humanities)
- Foundation Year (Law)
- Foundation Year (PPE).
- History (Ancient and Modern)
- History and Economics
- History and English History and Modern Languages
- History and Politics
- History of Art
- Human Sciences
- Law (Jurisprudence).
- Materials Science
- Mathematics and Computer Science
- Mathematics and Philosophy
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Medicine (graduate entry)
- Modern Languages
- Modern Languages and Linguistics
- Philosophy and Modern Languages
- Philosophy, Politics, and Economics (PPE)
- Philosophy and Theology
- Physics and Philosophy
- Psychology (Experimental)
- Psychology, Philosophy, and Linguistics
- Religion and Asian and Middle Eastern Studies
- Theology and Religion
Requirements For Admission To Oxford University
Just like every other tertiary institution, there are different requirements for admission into Oxford University for international students. However, you have to note West African like Nigeria, Ghana, etc countries who sat WAEC will not be needing their WAEC certificate or result as it is usually not accepted by Oxford University.
That being said, you have to prepare and get fully guarded for the test you will be writing online. Your performances would determine if you would be offered admission or not. Your test will vary with the course you are intending to study. Check out this list of courses and their required performance here.
How To Complete the Application Form Online
The following steps are how to correctly fill out the application form before submission.
- Starting your application: This covers about two pages or tabs as the case may be, here, you will be briefed and instructed on how to fill out the form, as well as when to actually apply.
- Your details: In this section, the form basically has to do with you, here, you will be provided with necessary information about you as you’d be asked—for example, your name, email, contact details, etc.
- References: Just like you would provide referees when applying for a job, the same thing is applicable here. you can change your referee in case you later have a change of mind.
- Qualifications, Languages, and Fundings: This part of the form is where you provide information pertaining to the admission qualification, the language, and the funding. English proficiency is equally provided here.
- Supporting documents: Next up, you will be making provision for your supporting documents which include; written work, transcripts, research proposals, etc.
- Declaration and payment: This is the last part of the form, here, you will be guided on how to submit your application form and as well, pay the application fee which varies depending on your program and course of study.
Having filled out the form and submitted, you will have to wait for your application to be reviewed, after which you will likely get a mail from the school.
That not withstanding, you can still apply for admission into other universities in the UK. If this is something you would like to do, let us check out other universities quickly.
Also See: ICAN Exam Centers In Nigeria
Universities In the Uk for International students
The following are Universities in the UK you can consider too.
- University of Cambridge: This institution has about 20,000 students inclusive of international students.
- University College London: Regarded as one of the best schools in London, UCL has one of the best systems for international students, giving room for them to embrace the English culture.
- University of Manchester: Highly recommended for engineering, medicine, and science research programs. The University of Manchester records more than 10,000 students.
- University of Edinburgh: Most noble prize winners emerged from this university, with a student population ranging from 15,000 to 20,000 including students from all other countries.
- Durham University: Also a law school, the university is regarded as a world leader in legal education and research.
- Loughborough Business School: As the name implies, it is a first-choice business school for organizations and individuals.
- Glasgow University: Basically a law school that offers programs in Scot law and common law with other subjects as the case may be. The institution has a great number of international students, you too can be one.
- Swansea University: This is a leading medical school in the UK, with over 10,000 population of students.
- University of Dundee: This is also a medical school. Training medical practitioners all around the world.
- University of Warwick: This is a well-known center for science courses, engineering, and generally research-related programs.
- University of St Andrews: This is a well-recognized school of Economics and finances that the UK has been blessed with.
- University of Exeter: The last university on our list is the University of Exeter which is a business school. Do well to check out their official site for further inquiries and proper information.
That will be all for now, do well to let us know your concerns in the comment section, do well to share this information too with your friends and loved ones. See you in our next article.