Microsoft Office has become popular among students, teachers, companies, and practitioners. It has gained wide recognition but not every student can purchase it and not every school can provide it for their students.
For this reason, Microsoft offers a Microsoft office student discount all year round but most students are still unaware of these huge discounts and still contemplate how to purchase the Microsoft office at full price.
Microsoft office student discount enables students to get the Microsoft office at a cheaper rate and in some cases get it for free.
Moreover, this article will teach you how to get a Microsoft student discount, read it to the end and you would be glad you did.
Importance of Microsoft Office To Teachers And Students
Microsoft Office incorporates useful programs such as Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft OneNote, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Publish, Microsoft Acces Skype for Business, etc.
All these programs share common features and work simultaneously to help users get a better experience.
Microsoft office has become a very popular tool as numerous people use it to get things done within a twinkling of an eye.
Students, in particular, have enjoyed the numerous benefits of Microsoft Office as it is very important to them.
However, the importance of Microsoft Office to students and teachers cannot be disregarded as it plays important role in their education.
Below are the importance of Microsoft Office to teachers and students.
1. Microsoft Office helps students and teachers to keep their learning material in one place.
2. Programs such as Digital Notebook and OneNote help teachers and students to organize their learning materials, revise notes with type, highlighting, or ink annotations, and easily team up with one another.
3. Microsoft Office programs such as OneDrive and teams help teachers and students connect with different professional learning communities, share their documents with friends, and keep their learning material safe in case they lose their devices.
4. Microsoft Office helps students learn a variety of skills and applications that are valuable in workplaces. Whether it’s Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access, or OneNote, it prepares students for their futures.
5. Microsoft editor checks student spelling and grammar and enables them to write confidently.
6. Microsoft office such as excel, helps students create spreadsheets from templates and use modern formulas to do calculations.
7. Microsoft Office helps students carry out their tasks very fast and with ease.
8. Microsoft Office enables language change to meet the needs of the student.
9. It enables students and teachers to collaborate in real-time on Word, Excel, and PowerPoint through OneDrive links.
10. Microsoft Office helps you to work online on any device
11. With Microsoft Office, you can manage projects and workflow through Office Planner
Advantages of Microsoft Office Student Discount
Microsoft office student discount comes with many advantages and below are some of the advantages.
1. Microsoft office student discount enables students to get the latest version of Microsoft Office, which contains applications like Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, etc.
2. Microsoft office student discount helps students get the latest version of Microsoft Teams as well.
3. Microsoft office student discount enables students to get extra classroom tools.
4. The entire Microsoft Office can be bought in a go, no need to buy each application separately.
5. The software is matched with Windows 10 and with macOS.
6. The students do not only get Microsoft Students Discount, they also get Microsoft Support free for 60 days.
7. Students and teachers also have free web access to Office 365, which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and Microsoft Teams on Android or Windows devices, plus extra classroom tools.
Those Who Are Eligible To Get A Microsoft Office Student Discount
Microsoft over the years has generously granted a Microsoft office student discount to eligible students. The Microsoft office student discount is available to K-12 and higher education students, faculty, and parents.
Educators can also get Microsoft office for free if they are of legal age to sign up for an online offer individually, have internet access, and an authentic email address provided by the eligible schools that can receive an external email.
The Cost Of Microsoft Office For Students
Microsoft office is now offered on a platter of gold to students and teachers. Teachers and students can get up to 30-70% discount on purchasing Microsoft office.
All they need to do is to click the Microsoft Office purchase link, select student deals, create a student account, and submit a student ID to check out their order.
Moreover, students and educators at qualified institutions can sign up for Office 365 Education for free.
About Microsoft Office 365 Education
Microsoft Office 365 Education comprises Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and now Microsoft Teams, plus extra classroom tools. Students and educators are expected to use their valid school email addresses to get started.
Office 365 Education helps students and teachers build collaborative classrooms, join professional learning communities, and connect with friends.
Office 365 Education is free for your entire school, you can access all the training and assistance you need to establish a safe, reliable, and collaborative learning environment.
To check your eligibility to access Office 365 education plan, you have to use the email associated with your personal Microsoft account and not your work or school account.
The email address and password that you use with Outlook.com, Hotmail, Office, OneDrive, Skype, Xbox, and Windows is the email associated with your personal Microsoft account.
Moreover, you can use Office 365 education plan as long as you are working at an eligible school and you can re-verified when it expires.
However, when your Office 365 Education plan expires, you will find it difficult to edit or create new documents, online services linked with the school email address will no longer work.
How To Get A Microsoft Office Student Discount
Getting a Microsoft Office Student Discount is no big deal, you only have to follow a few simple steps to get it done as long as you are eligible for it.
Below are the steps on how to get a Microsoft Office student discount.
Visit The Website Of Microsoft Office 365 Education
The first step to getting Microsoft Office Student Discount is to visit the website of Microsoft office 365 Education. The website has good offers for all users who are willing to get a suitable education plan.
Sign Up With a Valid School Email Address
The second step to getting Microsoft Office Student Discount is to sign up for Office 365 education for free including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, and now Microsoft Teams, plus extra classroom tools using your valid school email address.
You cannot access Microsoft Office Student Discount if you do not have an account with Microsoft, so you need to create an account to be able to enjoy the benefits of all the features.
Make Use Of Microsoft Office 365 Features
After signing up, you can start using the features of Microsoft Office 365 Education for free. Office 365 Education is an important suite of great tools created for educators and students, it can be accessed from your favorite devices.
Microsoft Office 365 Education tools and free resources help teachers prepare, teach, assess, track, and analyze school work, it helps them recognize what is most important to the students.
You can get Office 365 Education for your entire school; It is a great tool for remote learning. It equips students with the great skills that employers are looking out for.
Beneficiaries of Microsoft Office Student Discount are permitted to efficiently use every Microsoft App to complete their school work.
How To Create A New Microsoft Account
If you want to Get a Microsoft Office student discount, you must, first of all, create a Microsoft account. Creating a Microsoft account is not a difficult task, you just need to follow a few steps and you are good to go.
Moreover, a Microsoft account permits you to access Microsoft products and services with a login. Here is how to set up a Microsoft account.
1. Go to account.microsoft.com
2. Select Sign in
3. Click on Create one
How To Get Microsoft Office Mac Student Discount
It is interesting to know that Microsoft offers all students and teachers the online version of Microsoft Office for free with 1terabyte of online storage.
Moreover, some schools are qualified to get complete Office apps installed on up to 5 Macs for free.
Getting a Microsoft Office Mac student discount is very easy. All you need to do is enter a valid email address of your school in the space provided on the Microsoft Office 365 website and you would be permitted to download the Microsoft Office apps for your Mac for free.
Furthermore, to get a Microsoft Office student discount for your macOS 10.15 Catalina, go to Microsoft Office for Mac student website, enter your school email address in the space provided and click Get Started.
If your email address is valid, Microsoft will direct you on how to download and install Office 365 Education on your device for free.
Tips To Get A Microsoft Office Student Discount For Mac
Although students are allowed to gain access to Microsoft Office 365 Education for free, you have to be eligible to be considered. Below are the tips on how to get a Microsoft Office student discount for Mac.
1. Ensure that you are using an authentic school email address to sign up for the free offer from Microsoft. Any other email address will disqualify you.
2. Be of legal age to sign up for an online offer individually.
3. Have access to the Internet
4. Ensure to provide accurate information if Microsoft asks for additional information to verify your student status while signing up.
5. Ensure you inform your school before installing any software on the school’s computers to avoid problems.
Additionally, If you don’t want to install any software on your device, you are also permitted to get the online version of Microsoft Office for free.
Free Microsoft Office For Homeschoolers
Interestingly, Microsoft is offering Office 365 Education to homeschoolers for free. Office 365 Education helps homeschoolers have time and be more productive in home-based education. However, qualified home-school parents can also receive Office 365 Education at no cost.
Furthermore, there is a pilot program organized by Microsoft which allows homeschooling families to get access to Office 365 Education at no cost, but the program is limited to only a few people.
That’s all on how to get a Microsoft Office student discount, I hope it helps you get yours.