Have you been wondering what to do with your car and time after the day’s work and weekends?
Become a bolt driver and earn an extra income.
Driving with Bolt is one of the most convenient work to engage in because you work at your own pace and schedule without any supervision or ordering around.
Bolt serves in a dual capacity, it provides a convenient ride and also provides means of livelihood to struggling Nigerians.
To become a bolt driver in Nigeria, it is important you read this article to the end to gain some insight on how to become a bolt driver in Nigeria.
Bolt Driving Business In Nigeria
Bolt, formerly known as Taxify is one of the ride-hailing apps used by Nigerians to book their rides.
This app was brought into existence in 2013 by an Estonian, Markus Villig.
Bolt has gained prominence as it exists in several countries of the world and numerous cities across Europe, America, Asia, Australia, and Africa.
From its creation till this moment, Bolt has amassed numerous registered customers and drivers across the globe.
Moreover, every day its number of users keeps increasing making it one of the most used apps in the world.
Historically, Bolt arrived in Lagos, Nigeria in 2016, and since then has been serving employed and unemployed Nigerians day-to-day.
Currently, Bolt is operating in twelve cities in Nigeria which are Uyo, Lagos, Benin, Kano, Abeokuta, Ibadan, Calabar, Port Harcourt, Abuja, Owerri, Jos, Enugu.
Furthermore, Bolt has provided Nigerians with a job opportunity and the ability to earn extra income to augment their meager salary.
Bolt has salvaged many Nigerian’s from abject poverty in this moment of economic recession.
Additionally, Bolt has made it possible for people to enjoy cozy cars they couldn’t afford to purchase.
It has made it easier for people to conveniently reach their destination without having to struggle for space.
Bolt has come to stay in Nigeria as many young Nigerians are energetically engaged in the business.
If you are in the city where Bolt is currently operating and still hesitating whether to become a bolt driver in Nigeria, snap from your thoughts and start earning by reading this article to the end.
Why You Should Become Bolt Driver In Nigeria
We wouldn’t tell you to indulge in something that is not profitable. Check around you, people are doubling their effort to make the most out of this golden opportunity by becoming bolt drivers.
There are substantial reasons why you should become a bolt driver in Nigeria. These reasons are:
1. It is flexible, you work at your pace and schedule. No pressure, no boss, no minimum hours, and no ordering around.
2. Out of 100 percent ride fee, bolt takes only 10%–20% commission on each trip, depending on your city, leaving you with a whopping 80% gain.
3. You have access to many clients, and you get to know and interact with plenty of people.
4. It is risk-free, you do not need to deposit a certain amount of money to commence; you earn what you work for.
5. It guarantees a fast payout. You are paid every week If you are qualified to receive a payout. Moreover, depending on your bank, your payment can take one to two business days to reflect in your account.
6. Bolt app is easy to use both on mobile phones and laptops, you can easily navigate through the app.
7. Bolt company offers special bonuses to their drivers.
8. It accommodates all genders.
How Much Does Bolt Driver Earn
This is the fear of people who are contemplating whether to become a bolt driver or not. Bolt driving business is not a Ponzi scheme or money doubling scheme where you lose money instead of gaining.
No money is required of you to become a bolt driver, just have the requirement and start earning.
Moreover, on average, bolt drivers in Nigeria can earn up to 350,000 Naira each month depending on your level of commitment and your city.
Steps To Become A Bolt Driver In Nigeria And Make Money
Becoming a bolt driver in Nigeria has its requirements. You must meet all the necessary requirements before you can drive with Bolt. Below are the steps on how to successfully become a registered bolt driver.
1. Meet The Minimum Age Requirement
To become a bolt driver in Nigeria, you must meet the minimum age requirement which is eighteen years (18yrs).
Minors are not expected to become bolt drivers, so before you proceed with the registration, you must be up to eighteen years above.
2. Have The Required Vehicle
To proceed with the registration, you must have the required vehicle. Bolt does not permit tricycles, vans, buses, motorcycles, etc.
A vehicle for bolt business should be polished yet reliable and can economize fuel. For Bolt to accept your vehicle,
1. It must be a four-door SUV—Kia Sorento, Mazda CX-5, Toyota RAV4, Mazda CX-5 Honda Pilot, Nissan Rogue, etc.—or sedan—Honda Civic, Mercedes-Benz S-Class, Hyundai Elantra, Honda Amaze, BMW 3 Series, Toyota Avalon, Toyota Camry, etc.
2. It must be a vehicle manufactured in 2003 upwards.
3. It must have a functional air conditioner (AC)
4. It must be in good condition.
5. It must be able to accommodate at least four passengers.
6. Additionally, if you don’t have a vehicle, bolt city teams can help you rent a car from their car rental companies who offer affordable prices on vehicles that are accepted on Bolt platform
3. You Must Have A Valid Vehicle Document
It is not just enough to have bolt required vehicle, your vehicle document must be valid and up to date.
You must have a vehicle license, certificate of insurance, proof of ownership, certificate of roadworthiness, state hackney permit for drivers in Lagos, and a vehicle body tag for all routes. Learn how to register a car in Nigeria.
4. Have A Smart Phone
It is mandatory to have a smartphone with a Global Positioning System (GPS) for accurate determination of geographical locations before you become a bolt driver.
The smartphone will help you navigate your way through your city without getting lost. Learn the 5 things to consider when buying a new smartphone.
However, if you do not have a smartphone, Bolt city team will recommend to you an android smartphone that you can buy or finance. Learn how to buy any smartphone and pay monthly in Nigeria.
5. Absence Of Criminal Report
You must have a clean criminal report to become a bolt driver. Make sure that everything about you is set before proceeding to registration.
6. Start Your Registration On Bolt Website
After fulfilling the requirement, visit Bolt website to start your registration process. The registration process does not take long, you can finish it up in five minutes.
Step-By-Step Procedure To Register And Get Approved Easily
Visit bolt website at https://partners.bolt.eu/driver-signup. to signup as bolt driver.
1. Enter your email address, and phone number in the boxes, and then choose your city and click on the Next
2. On the next page, type in your first name, last name, language, referral code if you were referred by someone, and your vehicle details, and click on the Next. Moreover, you can also sign in as a fleet owner if you have many vehicles.
3. Type in your National Identification Number and your driver’s license number. If you do not have a taxi license, tick the box and click on the Next
4. Type in the expiry date of your driver’s license—day, month, year— and click on the Next
5. Upload the photo of your valid temporary or permanent driver license.
6. Upload a clear white background passport photo.
7. If you are residing in Lagos, you will be required to upload your LASDRI card (Lagos Drivers Institute Recertification Card) and your LASRRA card should be uploaded too.
8. Lastly, fill in all your banking information required and click on Finish to submit.
7. Go For Vehicle Inspection
After providing all the above-mentioned documents, it is mandatory to conduct an AutoGenius test on your vehicle because service quality is crucial to bolt.
You can visit https://bolt.mycovergenius.com to know the nearest location to conduct the AutoGenius test on your vehicle. The following will be checked for in your vehicle:
For functionality, dashboard, electrical elements, headlights, brake lights, and turn indicators, air conditioner, car horn, windscreen wipers, vehicle stereo, etc. will be checked
Brakes And Suspension
Vehicle alignment, grinding noise, park light engagement, condition of shocks, etc.
Fluid Level Inspection
Engine coolant, windshield, brake fluid, automatic transmission fluid, power steering fluid, etc.
Fire extinguisher, spare tire, jack and appliances, hazard warning triangle, etc.
Body free of scratches and dents, no window cracks, no exterior mirror break, nobody panel colors, and the trunk opens and closes willingly.
For tire check, the tire pressure and tread pattern must match.
Additionally, the Inspection center is at liberty to check for any other car deformities. Vehicle inspections are carried out on Mondays to Saturdays, from 9-7p.m. Inspection costs about ₦2000 per vehicle
Moreover, if your vehicle falls below the standard, and fails the test, it will not be accepted in the bolt platform.
8. Attend Onboarding Session
To complete your signup, you must attend a physical onboarding session in a location close to you.
The locations for bolt onboarding sessions are:
- Lagos: Plot 118, Block 25, Salem street off palm springs road, Lekki, Lagos. Monday–Saturday (9 am–4 pm)
- Abuja: 10 Volta street off Thames Street, Maitama, Abuja. Monday–Saturday (9 am–3 pm)
- Benin: Ehanire house, 34 Akpakpava road, Benin. Mondays–Fridays(10am–1pm)
- Abeokuta: Asiwaju Kitchen, opposite St. Peter’s Cathedral, Ake roundabout. Monday’s–Fridays (10 am–1 pm)
- Calabar: The liftHub Complex, 6A Housing Estate Road, Calabar. Mondays–Fridays(10am–1pm)
- Enugu: Genesys Tech Hub, Centenary City, along PH expressway. Mondays–Fridays (10 am–1 pm)
- Ibadan: Archbishop Ayo Ladigbolu House, 1 College Crescent, by St. Annes Church, Molete-Challenge road. Monday’s–Fridays (10 am–1 pm)
- Kano: Di-Hub, 3 Sabo Bakin Zuwo road, Kano. Mondays–Fridays(10am–1pm)
- Owerri: B49/B66 L’Arcade Mall, 14C Okohia Layout, World Bank area L, new Owerri. Mondays–Fridays (10 am–1 pm)
- Port Harcourt: KoWork NG, F6, Sani Abacha Road, G.R.A. Monday’s–Fridays (9 am–5 pm)
- Uyo: 235 Oron road before Shelter Afrique. Mondays–Fridays(10am–1pm)
You are not attending the onboarding session empty-handed, you have to go with your vehicle license, insurance certificate, proof of ownership, certificate of roadworthiness, AutoGenius inspection report.
9. Enroll In Driver Training Course
After successful registration and verifying of documents, you will be invited to complete compulsory training.
The driver training course is a training that encompasses important tips and information that will help you have the best experience with Bolt.
You can engage in the training at the comfort of your home. You have to watch the training video online and endeavor to pass two tests.
After the training, it will take three to four hours to get your account so you can commence your hustle
10. Get Verified
To get verified to start driving with bolt
- Go to https://bolt.youverify.co/#/ to get started
- Click on ‘request verification’ to request verification
- Enter your email, phone number, and location to commence the process of verification
11. Download The Bolt Driving App For Drivers
You can download the bolt driving app on the Android Google play store or Apple iOS store. Bolt drivers operate using the bolt driver app.
The bolt driver app is for bolt driver only and is different from bolt riders app which is for passengers.
To start making use of the app, log in with your desired username and password, and receive your login details directly to your email after your driver application has been accepted.
How To Use Bolt Driver app
Below is the step by step instruction on how to use bolt driver app
1. Open your bolt driver app
2. Swipe right to go online and set your driving radius.
3. You will instantly see the pickup address, the distance to the passenger, and the approximate time of arrival when you get a ride request.
4. Swipe right to approve a request, you have 20 seconds to accept the request.
5. On your arrival at the pickup point, swipe right to notify the passenger that you have arrived
6. If your rider delays 4-5 minutes after reaching the pickup point, call the person. You can locate the option to call a passenger when you click on the three stripes in the upper right corner.
7. If the person does not pick the call, you can cancel the ride after 5 minutes.
8. When you arrive at the set destination, swipe right to end the ride and wish your rider a good day.
9. Moreover, passengers pay for bolt services in two ways–in cash or via card. Cash payments go to the bolt driver while card payments indicate in your ending balance are remitted at the start of every week
Tips To Make More Money As A Bolt Driver In Nigeria
Every bolt driver desires to make more money driving with Bolt. Earning a huge amount of money on Bolt will depend on how committed you are and how you wisely use the tools available to you.
Below are the ways you can make more money as a bolt driver
- Be consistent
- Know when people request rides the more, and stay online at that time
- Don’t be too choosy, accept the most request
- Relate well with people to get a rating above 4.6 to avoid being blocked from the app.
- Ensure the back-to-back rides option is turned on because the more rides you get, the extra money you earn.
- Always take very good c both your physical and mental health so you do not break down and stop work.
Tips To Increase Your Ratings As A Bolt Driver In Nigeria
- Be nice and polite to your riders
- Ensure your car is clean and scent-free at all times
- Keep your conversation with riders polite, respectful, and professional.
- Observe traffic laws and be considerate to other road users
- Offer your riders some gum, sweet, mint, and a mobile charger when necessary.
- Assist your riders with luggage when necessary.
- Ensure your riders leave the vehicle with all their properties.
- Make sure your rider is comfortable. Set a satisfactory temperature and keep the radio at a reasonable volume.
- Drive safely and not like a maniac.
- Engage in conversation only when it feels right
- Call your riders when they can’t locate your car
That is all on how to become a Bolt driver in Nigeria and make money.
I hope this article on how to become a bolt driver in Nigeria and make money helps?