This is a detailed guide on the computerized vehicle inspection centers in Lagos, read to the end to know the computerized vehicle inspection centers in Lagos.
Some transporters in Lagos would not act responsibly if there were no Lagos State Vehicle Inspection Service to inspect, manage and regulate the roadworthiness of motor vehicles in Lagos.
The creation of the Lagos State Vehicle Inspection Service by the former Governor of Lagos state Mr. Babatunde Raji Fashola in 2012 brought a totally new phase of the transportation system in Lagos state.
The Vehicle Inspection Service is the Lagos state government enforcement agency tasked with the responsibility of ensuring compliance with all stipulated/required vehicle policies such as Road Worthiness, Vehicle License, Hackney Permit, Testing and Training of applicants for driver’s license/ rider card, etc.
However, if you want to become a driver in Lagos state, it is important you know the computerized vehicle inspection centers in Lagos.
Read this article to the end to know the computerized vehicle inspection centers in Lagos.
Duties Of Vehicle Inspection Officers
Those who work at the vehicle inspection service are known as vehicle inspection officers. However, below are the duties they carry out daily.
1. Vehicle inspection officers train and test applicants for Driver’s licenses.
2. Vehicle Inspection Officers Test and train applicants for Rider’s cards.
3. Vehicle Inspection Officers organize seminars and public lectures.
4. Vehicle Inspection Officers carry out inspections of vehicles involved in accidents.
5. Vehicle Inspection Officers certify driving schools.
6. Vehicle Inspection Officers cooperate with other agencies to enforce traffic rules and regulations.
7. Vehicle Inspection Officers provide access to emergency services.
8. Vehicle Inspection Officers cooperate with appropriate agencies to ensure road safety activities or the prevention of accidents on the highways.
9. Vehicle Inspection Officers prepare and keep statutory registers and a database of all certificates issued and withdrawn.
10. Vehicle Inspection Officers demand Driver’s license, Vehicle license, MOT/Roadworthiness certificate, Insurance certificate, Fire extinguisher, Spare tire, C-caution, Wheel spinner, Jack, First Aid kit, Touch Light, Spare fan belt, Tow rope, from private vehicle owners when they are stopped on the road.
11. Vehicle Inspection Officers demand Driver’s license, Vehicle license, Roadworthiness certificate, Insurance certificate, Hackney/stage carriage permit, Fire extinguisher, Spare tire
C-caution, Vehicle’s accordance with state-approved commercial color, Two crash helmets (Motorcycle) from commercial vehicle drivers when they are stopped on the road.
Also read: Best Cars for Taxi Business in Nigeria
Computerized Vehicle Inspection Centers In Lagos
If you want to become a driver in Lagos or a car owner, it would be important to know the 14 computerized vehicle inspection centers in Lagos.
However, below are the computerized vehicle inspection centers in Lagos.